ITALY RETREAT: REGISTRATION
DATES: Sunday August 27 – Saturday September 9, 2017
Apply by 4/30: $2100
Apply by 5/31: $2200
After 5/31: $2300
Shared room discount: –$500 per participant (requires two participants)
Discount for previous participants, Italian retreats (including Michelangelo Screenwriting): $200
Discount for previous participants, L.A. classes/retreats: $100
The registration covers:
- Coaching, mentoring & tuition (see PROGRAM information).
- 13 nights lodging at Istituto San Lodovico (see the VENUE).
- 13 continental breakfasts.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner.
- Pickup and dropoff at the Orvieto train station, if required.
- Submit a short writing resume and a description (max 2 pages) of the writing project you wish to work on, to email@example.com.
- $50 deposit sent via PayPal (see payment button below) – refunded if we are not able to confirm admission.
- 50% deposit within 6 weeks of admission.
- Balance by July 31, 2017 (regardless of date of admission).
- Signature of a standard liability waiver (to be provided later) by August 10, 2017.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
Payments are by PayPal. If you wish to use a credit card, you can do so through PayPal. For PayPal payments from outside the United States, we require a surcharge equal to 2% of the payment amount. For example, you would add $20 to a $1000 payment, for a total of $1020. The surcharge is not required on your initial $50 deposit.
For U.S. students we can also arrange to accept checks or money orders. For international students, we can arrange wire transfers, but we ask that students cover the fees.
- On/before June 30, 2017: $50 is non refundable; refund of payments in excess.
- On/before July 31, 2017: $200 is non refundable; refund of payments in excess.
- On/before August 24, 2017: $800 is non refundable; refund of payments in excess.
- No refund after August 25, 2017.
This is a small retreat that runs on a tight budget, which makes refunds for late cancellations difficult. Unfortunately, we are unable to make allowances for illness or emergencies. Please see about travel or personal insurance for that. Any questions, please talk to us.
All rooms are en suite. Prices are based on single rooms. If two students would like to share a room, each student will receive a $500 discount ($1000 total). If you would like to travel with a partner who will not participate in the retreat, there will be a $525 charge for that person, assuming they will share your room.
If for some reason we cannot accommodate your needs, we will help you explore accommodations at other Orvieto hotels, including the Hotel Palazzo Piccolomini next door.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
Admissions are rolling. Once courses are full, we will maintain a waiting list. Failure to meet any of the deadlines listed above may be construed as cancellation.
Students may change the writing project they plan to work on, but they must agree on the switch with the instructor.
Please note that PageCraft instructors are working writers. It has not yet happened, but there is always the possibility that a teacher may be pulled away unavoidably due to the demands of an employer or a creative project. In such an event, we will make every effort to bring in a qualified replacement.
In the event that we must cancel a workshop for any reason, we will refund all money paid to us. We suggest not purchasing airline tickets until we confirm that we have met our minimum enrollment. However, we are not responsible for air fares or other costs incurred by prospective students. Please look into travel insurance.
A $50 deposit must accompany your application. The deposit is non refundable if we confirm admission, but will be refunded in full if we cannot. (Any problems with the button below? Contact us and we’ll sort it out.)