3-Day Break Your Story Weekend
Location: West Hollywood (location tba)
Dates: Friday April 13 – Sunday April 15, 2018
Leader: Heidi Hornbacher
Every writer just wants to get to the pages.
But great characters and dialogue are nothing
without a solid structure underpinning them.
One of the most valuable aspects of our workshops is the collaboration and sharing with other writers in a nurturing, focused environment. The workshop will be capped at 6 writers.
This will be a commuter workshop, running Friday morning through Sunday afternoon, with writing and thinking time built into the schedule.
Friday, April 13 (10:00 am – 1pm; afternoon hours if required)
- Structure basics – what’s going to make your story work?
- Story pitches – what story are you dying to tell?
- Writers’ room – style story breakdowns and workshopping.
- Assignments to focus on over night.
Saturday, April 14 (10am – 1pm; 2 – 4pm)
- Character and stakes – how do they define story?
- Progress check – where are you stuck? what’s working?
- One-to-one meetings with workshop leader.
- Feedback and collaborations with PageCraft staff and fellow writers.
Sunday, April 15 (1 – 5 pm)
- Reimagined story breakdowns with all students.
Sunday, April 29
- Deadline to submit revised story outline or treatment (up to 15 pages) for written feedback from PageCraft
- 10% discount for previous PageCraft/Michelangelo Screenwriting participants.
REGISTER NOW VIA PAYPAL:
Problems registering? Contact us and we’ll sort it out.
- Times are approximate. We will stick as closely as we can to the schedule above, but we reserve the right to change it.
- Cancellation Policy: $20 of the registration fee is non refundable. Because enrollment in the workshop is limited, we can only offer a 50% refund to participants who withdraw on or after March 25, 2018. We cannot offer refunds to participants who withdraw on or after April 10, 2018.
- PageCraft instructors are working writers. It has not yet happened, but there is always the possibility that a teacher may be pulled away unavoidably by the demands of an employer or a creative project. In such an event, we will make arrangements to bring in an equally qualified replacement.
- In the event that we must cancel a workshop, we will refund all money paid to us. PageCraft is not responsible for travel or other costs incurred by prospective participants.