3-Day Break Your Story Weekend
Location: ACME Studio Theatre, 5126 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood
Dates: Friday March 4 – Sunday March 6, 2016
Leader: Nicholas Griffin
This workshop has taken place. Please check back for future dates.
Every writer just wants to get to the pages.
But great characters and dialogue are nothing
without a solid structure underpinning them.
One of the most valuable aspects of our workshops is the collaboration and sharing with other writers in a nurturing, focused environment. The workshop will be capped at 6 writers.
This will be a commuter workshop, running Friday morning through Sunday afternoon, with writing and thinking time built into the schedule. There are numerous food options within a two block walk of the ACME Studio.
Friday, March 4 (10:00 am – 1pm; 2pm – 5pm)
- Story pitches
- Writers’ room-style story breakdowns with all students
Saturday, March 5 (10am – 1pm; 2 – 4pm)
- Session on character and stakes.
- One-to-one meetings with workshop leader (likely in nearby cafe).
- Feedback and collaborations with PageCraft staff and fellow writers.
Sunday, March 6 (1 – 5 pm)
- Reimagined story breakdowns with all students
Sunday, March 13
- Deadline to submit revised story outline or treatment (up to 15 pages) for written feedback from PageCraft
- 10% discount for previous PageCraft/Michelangelo Screenwriting participants.
REGISTER NOW VIA PAYPAL:
Problems registering? Contact us and we’ll sort it out.
- Times are approximate. We will stick as closely as we can to the schedule above, but we reserve the right to change it.
- Cancellation Policy: $20 of the registration fee is non refundable. Because enrollment in the workshop is limited, we can only offer a 50% refund to participants who withdraw after February 24 (inclusive). We cannot offer refunds to participants who withdraw on or after March 2, 2015.
- PageCraft instructors are working writers. It has not yet happened, but there is always the possibility that a teacher may be pulled away unavoidably by the demands of an employer or a creative project. In such an event, we will make arrangements to bring in an equally qualified replacement.
- In the event that we must cancel a workshop, we will refund all money paid to us. PageCraft is not responsible for travel or other costs incurred by prospective participants.