Please visit our Italy Retreats page for information about programs in Italy.
- Concept to Pages (online workshop): June 6 – August 8, 2020 (2nd section added; one slot left!)
- Demystifying the Writers Room (online workshop): June 14, 2020; June 21, 2020
- Writing Is Rewriting (online workshop): April 26 – June 7, 2020 (next dates tba)
- Hearthside Salons: inspiring online conversations every Tuesday (free!)
- Writers Lunch: online community and support to keep you going every Wednesday (free!)
- Bulletproof Structure: Building Story from Character (planned at-your-own pace downloadable workshop).
- Writing Your Own Hero’s Journey (planned online workshop).
After years of learning from amazing writers and coaches, judging screenplay contests, writing spec scripts for both studios and independent producers, and coaching writers to career success, I know exactly what scripts need to place in contests and engage executives. And I’ve learned the secrets to finding a good story. Whether you’re developing a screenplay, working on a memoir, or launching a blog, story is the secret to engaging and cathartic content.
I’ve synthesized a lot of knowledge about what makes a killer story work. I’ve also developed a knack for working with writers of all skill and experience levels to identify their scripts’ shortfalls and not just fix them, but solve them with panache. What’s more, I’ve developed foundational practices that help writers avoid those pitfalls in the first place.
That’s why I’m creating online courses and LA-based workshops for you to break your story and craft your script for success, from structure to polish.
—Michael Davies (Love at First Sight; Tracy Beaker Returns)