How to Build Your Pitch Deck in 3 Days
Leader: Kristen Coast
Next session: April 5, 2024; noon Pacific Time
Learn how to create your film or TV pitch deck in just 3 days with this 90-minute workshop. Templates will be provided after the session.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The importance of pitch decks.
- What can and should be included in every pitch deck.
- Tips and tricks on writing loglines, synopsis, bios, etc.
- The tools (with templates provided) to help you complete your pitch deck in 3-days.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
Professional grade pitch decks have become an essential tool for filmmakers to garner support for their projects. Producer and development executive Kristen Coast will share the secrets she’s learned creating pitch decks for major networks such as Netflix. You’ll leave this 90-minute workshop with expert insight, easy to follow guidelines, and even plug-and-play templates to help you present your project to potential partners.
Ideal for independent filmmakers with limited budgets for outsourcing these costly and valuable documents, the workshop will potentially save you thousands of dollars by empowering you to create pitch decks in house.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll know what fundamental information is needed in a pitch deck, what could be added, and how design choices influence your pitch. After the session, you will receive presentation slides and a tested template.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
- “The Pitch Deck class is moving us into a great place with sharing our ideas and starting to pitch. Thank you for teaching and sharing the goodness!” –Andrew M.
- “I just wanted to express my appreciation for your class on pitch decks… SO GOOD! I had hit a log jam of confusion trying to do it myself and your template made it so doable!” –Janet B.
- This workshop will not be recorded. If you would like to participate, you must join at the listed time.
- We will email registered participants 5 to 7 days before the workshop is scheduled to take place and a reminder the morning of the workshop.
- If you do not see the email (please check your spam folder), or if you would prefer that we email you at a different address from the one you use to make payment, get in touch with us at email@example.com. After the cancellation deadline, we will not be able to accept a lost or overlooked email as a reason for a refund.
- Cancellation Policy: You are entitled to a refund of your registration price minus 5% if you cancel by noon PT the day of the workshop. We will not be able to provide refunds after that time.
Kristen has 10+ years of experience developing pitch decks for film and TV, and producing content. She has created pitch decks for multiple clients, including the producers of Netflix’s Virgin River. Previously, she spent the last six years launching, from the ground up, an in-house production department to produce over 100 photo and video shoots while forming strategic partnerships with networks and studios like HBO and Showtime, including winning a Clio for her work on an activation with Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe: The Movie.