2-Day Pitch Your Story Weekend
Location: JET Studios, North Hollywood (Commuter)
Our LA classes for 2016 will be announced soon. Information on this page is for 2015.
Every great story must get past the gate keepers and engage and inspire the decision makers.
Learn the fundamentals and tricks to a great pitch that will get your story selling.
Saturday, February 28 (9am – 5pm)
- First Story Pitches
- The Structure of a Great Pitch
- What do industry executives look for in a pitch?
- Pulling Your Pitch Apart: Answering the Fundamental Questions: Character, Challenge, and Journey. What’s your hook?
- Second Story Pitches and Diagnosis
- Afternoon and Evening Assignment: Practice Revised Pitches
Sunday, March 1 (2pm – 6pm)
- Revised First Story Pitches and Discussion
- Revised Second Story Pitches and Discussion
- Third Story Elevator Pitches (Short Pitches) and Discussion
Price: $150 (10% discount for previous PageCraft/Michelangelo Screenwriting participants)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Please check out our other offerings using the navigation at the top.
- We will stick as closely as we can to the schedule above, but we reserve the right to change it due to the availability of speakers and/or the needs of students.
- Cancellation Policy: $10 of the registration fee is non refundable. Because enrollment in the workshop is limited, we can only offer a 50% refund to participants who withdraw between February 14-25, 2015 (inclusive). We cannot offer refunds to participants who withdraw on or after February 26, 2015.
- PageCraft instructors are working writers. It has not yet happened, but there is always the possibility that a teacher may be pulled away unavoidably by the demands of an employer or a creative project. In such an event, we will make arrangements to bring in an equally qualified replacement.
- In the event that we must cancel a workshop, we will refund all money paid to us. However, we cannot be held responsible for travel or other costs incurred by prospective participants.