Heidi Hornbacher is a graduate of the UCLA screenwriting program and works as a writer and story consultant for hire. She has several TV projects and a stage play in development, and is a director/producer of television commercials and music videos. She reads for Slamdance, The Page Awards, and The Writer’s Lab (presented by New York Women in Film and IRIS, with the support of Meryl Streep), and coaches the Slamdance and Roadmap Writers pitching class.
Check back occasionally for more of Heidi’s posts about script feedback and common mistakes.
SIGN UP for our mailing list to receive Heidi’s “13 Common Script Mistakes.”
Other blog posts appear below:
- The Motif (November 1, 2020)
- Made In Italy (August 16, 2020)
- Ford v Ferrari and Character Desperation (February 25, 2020)
- Art Sale (June 23, 2019)
- Character Is Plot (June 16, 2019)
- Secondary Characters (April 7, 2019)
- Wrong Reasons (March 24, 2019)
- Barf Drafts (March 3, 2019)
- Roma and the Passive Protagonist (January 27, 2019)
- Coach Notes: The Book of Henry (June 28, 2017)
- A Walk Around Orvieto (April 30, 2017)
- The Value of a Screenwriting Retreat (April 18, 2017)
- Common Script Mistakes: Parentheticals–Let’s Kill the Wrylies (June 20, 2016)
- Stuck in Your Script? Have a Breakdown (February 8, 2016)
- Taking Notes: Thoughts on Receiving Judges’ Feedback (July 2015)
Note: Some of the older blog posts may discuss past opportunities or contain out-of-date links. If you spot a problem, do feel free to let us know. You can always access all our latest opportunities via our home page.