Writing Is Rewriting
Time & Location: Saturdays 3pm-6pm Pacific Time, online on Zoom
Next dates: March 16 – May 11, 2024 (no session Mar 23)
Leader: Heidi Hornbacher
This workshop is for writers who are familiar with our methodology or have other screenwriting training, and who desire a supportive framework in which to complete a screenplay or launch a rewrite.
Over eight weeks we will dive deep into your film or television script, looking at it from different angles and putting it through enriching diagnostics. Our exercises and talks will give you a fresh perspective on your pages, so your story and characters develop layers and nuance. Each week we will also table-read a section of your script, so you can put your new tools to work. This workshop will take your craft to the next level, and we can celebrate your progress together.
Between sessions, we offer 1-to-1 time to help you with any individual questions or issues (a half hour each week).
The support doesn’t end there. After the workshop is over, you may take advantage of a Script Consultation for 50% off and our affordable Alumni Drop-In sessions, designed especially for those who need a little extra time to finish their draft.
A 10% discount is available for alumni of PageCraft’s Northern California retreat, Italy retreat, or a previous Writing is Rewriting workshop.
How to Apply: Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We will invoice participants through PayPal.
We recommend that participants complete our Concept to Pages workshop prior to this one for a thorough grounding in our character and structure tools, which we will briefly review and build on in Writing Is Rewriting.
If you are interested in applying but new to PageCraft, please write to us at email@example.com with one 5-page writing sample of your work and answers to the following questions:
- What is your screenwriting experience? (max 75 words)
- What is a brief description or logline of the script you would like to rewrite? (max 75 words)
- Why does this story matter to you? Why do you want to write it? (max 75 words)
- What is your favorite piece of writing advice or mentoring that you’ve received? (max 75 words)
- What is a writing note you have received that you disagreed with, and how did you handle it? (max 75 words)
- How did you hear about PageCraft?
We will then schedule a conversation to discuss your project and your writing background.
- Cancellation Policy: 72 hours before the workshop begins, 20% of the registration fee becomes nonrefundable. If you must withdraw after that point, we will refund a pro-rated amount (net of the nonrefundable 20 percent) based on the number of sessions remaining. No refunds will be made if you cancel after the penultimate session.
- The interaction and feedback among writers is part of the value of this workshop. We expect all to participate fully, with cameras turned on. We are happy to discuss any special circumstances.
- We expect all participants to adhere to our Code of Conduct. PageCraft reserves the right to refuse service or remove participants from the workshop for any reason, including abusive or unkind behavior toward others. Our cancellation policy will apply.
- Other than the registration fee (per the terms of our cancellation policy), PageCraft is not responsible for costs incurred by participants or prospective participants.
- For the discounted script consultation, scripts must be submitted within 2 months of the final workshop session, and it must be a version of the script created or rewritten during the workshop. Otherwise normal rates apply.