MONTALBINO RETREAT: REGISTRATION
Note: This page is currently inactive. For further information, please visit our Italy Retreats page.
DATES: September 4-17, 2022
Apply by 3/31/22: $200 discount
Apply by 4/30/22: $100 discount
Discount for previous participants, Italian retreats: $400*
Discount for previous participants, L.A. & online workshops: $200*
Note: Previous participant discounts are not cumulative; you are eligible for only one.
Additional cost for a non-participating partner: $1600
Note: This price presumes that you will share a room. The same meals will be provided as for students.
Shared room discount: −$1200 per participant
Note: This discount requires a) two participants who are willing to share a room, and b) more than four participants in the program in total.
The registration covers:
- Coaching, mentoring & tuition (see PROGRAM information).
- 13 nights lodging at Agriturismo Montalbino (see the VENUE).
- 13 continental breakfasts.
- 10 lunches and dinners, plus welcome dinner on the first Sunday. Alcoholic beverages are not included in the price.
- Pickup and dropoff at the local train station, if required.
In PDF format, please submit to email@example.com the following:
- a statement of purpose (max 100 words) describing what you want from this program;
- a brief writing resume (max 1 page);
- the first 5 pages of a screenplay you’ve written;
- a description (max 500 words) of the writing project you wish to work on.
Once we review your application materials, we will schedule an informal Skype interview.
In addition, we require:
- $50 deposit sent via PayPal (see payment button below) – refunded if we are not able to confirm admission.
- 50% deposit within 6 weeks of admission.
- Full balance by August 1, 2022 (regardless of date of admission).
- Signature of a standard liability waiver (to be provided later) by August 15, 2022.
- Proof of Covid vaccination.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
Payments are by PayPal. If you wish to use a credit card, you can do so through PayPal. For PayPal payments originating outside the United States, we require a surcharge equal to 2% of the payment amount. For example, you would add $20 to a $1000 payment, for a total of $1020. The surcharge is not required on your initial $50 deposit.
For U.S. students we can also arrange to accept checks or money orders. For international students, we can arrange wire transfers, but we ask that students cover the fees.
- On/before July 1, 2022: $50 is non refundable; refund of payments in excess.
- On/before August 1, 2022: $600 is non refundable; refund of payments in excess.
- On/before August 26, 2022: $1200 is non refundable; refund of payments in excess.
- No refund after August 26, 2022.
This is a small retreat that runs on a tight budget, which makes refunds for late cancellations difficult. Unfortunately, we are unable to make allowances for illness or emergencies. Please see about travel or personal insurance for that. Any questions, please talk to us.
All rooms have a dedicated bathroom, and several are en suite. Prices are based on single rooms.
If two participating writers are willing to share a room, each participant will receive a discount (listed above) on the registration. However, we must have 5 or more workshop participants in order to offer this discount.
You may bring a partner who will share your room but not participate in the retreat. Your partner will be welcome at meals and in our group activities. The additional cost for a non-participating partner is listed above.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
It is our belief that great writing groups make great progress. We endeavor to ensure that each retreat is filled with adaptable, capable writers who can have a positive effect on one another. We therefore reserve the right to refuse any applicant for any reason.
Admissions are rolling. Once courses are full, we will maintain a waiting list. Failure to meet any of the deadlines listed above may be construed as cancellation.
Students may change the writing project they plan to work on, but they must agree on the switch with the retreat leader.
Please note that PageCraft leaders are working writers. It has not yet happened, but there is always the possibility that a teacher may be pulled away unavoidably due to the demands of an employer or a creative project. In such an event, we will make every effort to bring in a qualified replacement.
In the event that we must cancel a workshop for any reason, we will refund all money paid to us. We suggest not purchasing airline tickets until we confirm all details of the program with you. We are not responsible for air fares or other costs incurred by prospective students. Please look into travel insurance.
For any applicants with impaired mobility, it’s important to note that Italy can be challenging. There are cobblestones, uneven steps, and medieval buildings. Rarely do you find ramps. Where there are elevators, they are often too small to accommodate a wheelchair and often require some steps up and down. Additionally, many of our optional group outings involve walking.
A $50 deposit must accompany your application. The deposit is non refundable if we confirm admission, but will be refunded in full if we cannot. (Any problems with the button below? Contact us and we’ll sort it out.)